lundi 7 septembre 2015

Late Kiwis

It's been a while since I wrote my last post - I had a busy winter session, followed by a busy summer of work; I nevertheless will to try to catch-up, at least with the highlights of the year! And the first highlight was my trip to New Zealand. 

J'ai eu la chance d'être invitée à une conférence en février et un répit au milieu de l'hiver manitobain était le bienvenu. Passer de -20 à +20 était vraiment agréable, surtout que l'on venait de m'enlever mon plâtre, ce qui m'a permis de ne pas rentrer avec d'étranges marques de bronzage...

It would be hard to pass security with a troll anyway.


L'arrivée à l'aéroport a donné le ton: on y trouve de multiples statues en lien avec les deux trilogies de Peter Jackson, ce qui plonge les visiteurs dans l'ambiance immédiatement! 

Ma vue - merci Airbnb!


I really enjoyed Wellington: it is a lovely place, very pedestrian-friendly, with an incredible choice of outdoor activities (due to its proximity to the sea and the hilly landscape) and great restaurants. If I ever get the chance to travel back there, I will make sure to be able to stay longer and go hiking around. 

Je croise les doigts! Et je vous reviens bientôt sur mon voyage en Terre du Milieu...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire